We don’t think it’s a coincidence that so many great halloween costumes contest winners happen to draw their inspiration from Comic-Con. Year after year, the world’s biggest celebration of cosplayers and costume-lovers alike brings us some seriously next-level costume ideas. And this year’s Comic-Con definitely delivered. So now that it’s time to get Halloween-ready, here are some of the best and most-recent Comic-Con costumes to help make your Halloween game seriously strong this year.
1. Spiderman Crew: Seems like Spiderman hasn’t been getting much love these days, huh? Well, you and your squad can change that this Halloween. Here’s a group of die-hard fans who are so devoted they make us want to join in on the fun.
2. Poison Ivy: What a femme fatale! We would have so much fun sporting a hot red wig like the one on Poison Ivy.
3. Ironman vs. Captain America: This is the Marvel Comics version of a Civil War reenactment and it is epic. All it takes is one look at that kid in the background to see that a superhero showdown is a great way to go.
4. Raven: She's unique — you've gotta give her that. If you're not the type to go with the trend, try out one of the lesser-known superheroes. You'll have a blast being a superhero and knowing that you're marching to the beat of your own drum.
5. Ash: This. Is. Intense. Slay some zombies this Halloween while dressed as a total badass and wielding a chainsaw. Yes, please.
6. The Tick: Ummm. There's really no reason to look past the full-on spandex bodysuits. Immediate yes. Lolz.
7. Rose Quartz: Who is this amazing character and why have we never heard of her? If you currently — or ever have been — a fan of the color pink, you should totally dress up in this fab pink costume. Even her sword and shield are bubblegum pink. Right on.
8. Beast from X-Men: This beast sure is, um, beastly. Don't be scared. Underneath it all, ultimately he's a super good guy.
9. Batmen + Robins: These halloween costumes for men brings up an important point. With so many versions of Batman and Robin out there, you're bound to run into a few others. But hey, that's ok! Just be sure your version of the costume is the most original.
10. Harley Quinn + Stormtroopers: Here's what happens when universes collide. Harley Quinn might be crazy cool, but we're unsure how things would go down against a Storm Trooper. Chances are, she'd prevail. Our bets are with her.
11. Batgirl: Who doesn't want to play hero for a day? Celebrate the 75th anniversary of Batman by hitting the town in your best Batgirl duds.
12. Star Wars Couple: Star Wars has inspired some of the baddest costumes of the last decade, and this couple dressing up as Leia and Chewbacca this year proves this classic isn't going anywhere.
13. Maleficent: The ultimate way to portray animated chic is with an Angelina Jolie-inspired getup, don't you think?
14. Honey Lemon from Big Hero 6: This Honey Lemon womens halloween costume is simply amazing — we love the illuminated balls that line her strap. What a great idea for the costume.
15. Ariel from The Little Mermaid: Of course, if you want to go more conventional, you do your thang. This cosplayer's take on Ariel is a little more in line with the cartoon's, but we LOVE that she's got King Triton's trident.