It's time to take your booties, scarves and cozy sweaters out from the back of the closet, because fall is officially here. In addition to cooler temps, falling leaves and pumpkin-spiced everything, autumn brings with it a bounty of seasonally inspired beauty trends. When it comes to fall nail trends, it's all about dark hues, leaf motifs and glam glitter. Keep scrolling for 20 festive ideas to inspire your fall mani.
1. Jewel Tones: 'Tis the season to break out your darker nail polishes — and use them all at once. A single gold embellishment is the perfect finishing touch.
2. Candy Corn Leaves: Leaves and glitter and candy corn-inspired stripes, oh my! This mani is the trifecta of fall nail art.
3. Feelin' Foxy: Just because summer's over doesn't mean you have to box up your white polish. Make it autumn appropriate with pops of pumpkin orange and cute little foxes. Remind us again — what does the fox say?
4. Harvest Shades: Who says all your digits have to be painted the same color? This is a super simple and seasonal way to put your fave matte shades to use.
5. Feather Fever: Decals are a fun and easy way to create a festive mani. Feathers filled in with metallic gold and garnet look perfectly autumnal.
6. Ruffian: Embrace the changing of the seasons with an autumn-inspired take on a ruffian mani. This one features a pretty palette of gold and rich berry.
7. Falling leaves: Feeling artsy? Try a freehand leaf motif to celebrate the changing of the seasons.
8. Glittery Foliage: Nothing gets us in the mood for fall like glittering foliage nail art. These leaves are a shimmering metallic mani-masterpiece.
9. Harvest Gold: A metallic mani with pretty printed leaves is the perfect way to celebrate the season. For style that slays, add alternating colors to your nails.
10. Merlot + Muted Gold: If this isn't the most stunning color combination, we don't know what is. Leaf silhouettes and tiny gems take it to the next level.
11. Bling: Neutrals can still be glam for fall. We love this combination of cool taupe and army green that's taken to an entirely new level thanks to the iridescent encrusted statement finger.
12. Tie-Dye Streaks: Don't these colors just scream fall? Create an instant tie-dye effect by painting thick, colorful stripes and then streaking them together using a fine-tipped paintbrush.
13. Hot Chocolate: We're obsessed with this geometric design featuring layered Neapolitan colors. Is it just us, or does this make you thirsty for a cup of cocoa (complete with marshmallows)?
14. Sparkling Cider: There's something sophisticated yet super playful about this neutral glitter and leaf motif mani. This is def fall #manigoals.
15. Plaid: You know it's autumn when your nails match your flannel. While blue may not be a traditional fall shade, it totally works when inspired by the stylish apparel of the season.
16. Negative Space Minimalist: A seasonal color palette keeps this minimalist mani right on trend. Use warm fall tones to create a next-level negative-space mani that screams "wear me with black skinnies and a moto jacket."
17. Pumpkin Patch: Our fave fall activity? Pumpkin picking. This mani channels that seasonal tradition to perfection.
18. Autumn Romance: Hot date? Anniversary? Holiday party? Take your mani there with lovely pearl and gold details that are tailor-made for a night out.
19. Lovely Leaves: This mani may look complicated, but you can recreate it at home in just three simples steps. Start with a neutral glitter base, stamp on leaves and decorate with another top coat of sparkles.
20. Fall Florals: Flowers are NOT just for spring and summer. Take florals out for a spin with seasonal hues — orange, yellow and ivy.
Follow us on Pinterest for all things nail art!